How do I stop Notifications to messenger

Sangria
New Community Member

I accidentally linked my PayPal acct to my sons messenger account. How do I disable this? He is now getting messages from all my xmas purchases for him!

Login to Me Too
142 REPLIES 142

AnnoyedasCrap
Contributor
Contributor

Nice writeup.  However it does not address resolving the problem.

The problem for some of us is we DON'T WANT our Paypal and Facebook linked or associated.  This is occuring because people like me are mistakenly confirming this association because the dialog is deceptively designed to look like a payment confirmation window.

So how do you REMOVE the association?

Thank you

Login to Me Too

dreamerart
New Community Member

Not sure what world you live in, but your account settings screen doesn't look anything like mine. There is NO options anywhere to turn off receipts going to FB. I'm really appalled that PayPal would do this invasion of privacy and really hope there is a class action suit. You have NO rights to do that. And, if you think that by me clicking ONE TIME to have a receipt FB to me, which I do not have any recollection of, gives you the right to send them all there, then your company has no moral values or respect for your customers' privacy.

So, how do you turn off the settings in a personal free account within PayPal?

Sherry

Login to Me Too

ulde
Contributor
Contributor

I got yet another attempt from paypal wanting to send my receipts to messenger

Again had to close the whole payment-receipt window to be able NOT accepting messenger receipt and had to re-open paypal to sign out

this is just the weirdest!!

someone must have gotten a bag of money to do this!

Login to Me Too

Jodka
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Frank, personally I'm fine with the feature, it's a little redundant since I recieve email notifications, but again it's fine. But here's my issue, I linked the wrong facebook account to my paypal. How do I unlink and relink, so that I can get messages to my main FB account?

Login to Me Too

AnnoyedasCrap
Contributor
Contributor

Frank,

Thanks for the February 17, 2017 update.  Once again I don't think Paypal is understanding the problem here.  We are not asking for the option to "hide" messages.  We are asking to UNLINK OUR FACEBOOK ASSOCIATION FROM PAYPAL COMPLETELY.

The reasons for this is plain and simple, when a user has the wrong Facebook account linked to their Paypal. This needs to be Paypal's top priority since they **bleep** up.

Login to Me Too

AnnoyedasCrap
Contributor
Contributor

And **bleep** is not a bad word, get your profanity filter fixed while you're at it. Jesus...

Login to Me Too

jAllen23

This is not an answer to the issue. If someone else is getting my notifications, and I don't have access to their phone, how in the world would I be able to block those messages. And even if I did, that action can be undone at any point by them, and they would get my notifications again. Plus, if they have their OWN receipts sent to them, why would they even want to block messages from PayPal???

The issue here is that I'm in the same boat as OP. I paid for something a friend of mine was purchasing. The only way to purchase it was through the PayPal system, so I logged into my account to make the payment on their device. It asked if I wanted a receipt sent to messenger, and I said that was fine. I didn't NOT know that ALL of my future activity was going to start being sent to them!! This is ludacris. My financial activity is no one's business! I sent money to someone else today, and my friend texted me telling me they got the receipt for it. Now, why in the **bleep** would that person get my notification when I only checked for ONE receipt to go to them before??? This makes zero sense. 

I followed the instructions in your post about going into my PayPal account to adjust the messenger settings, and I don't even have those options. So, I will ask again... where can I log into my PayPal account, not someone else's messenger, and take care of who/where is getting my notifications?

Login to Me Too

pkirill
New Community Member

"I want to clarify" that sending notifications through facebook messenger is a feature that is completely useless to paypal customers and only serves paypal. Sorry to see that the fees paypal earns with every financial transaction are going to pay for the development of annoying and unhelpful features like this. Sort of like being prompted to sign up for a paypal credit card every single time I log into my account through a browser. 

Login to Me Too

danieljsj
New Community Member

I have a Business account.

So when i click the link you provided,

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/settings/notifications

it redirects me to

https://www.paypal.com/businessprofile/settings

which has nothing to do with notifications.

i intuitively navigate to:

https://www.paypal.com/businessprofile/mysettings/notifications

but it doesn't have the section and option for disabling Messenger notifications.

Please allow Messenger to be disabled from business accounts as well. Thank you,

Login to Me Too

Breathe
Contributor
Contributor

Payments are showing up on Messages on Facebook.  I did NOT ask for this and do NOT want it.  How to stop it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.