How do I stop Notifications to messenger

Sangria
New Community Member

I accidentally linked my PayPal acct to my sons messenger account. How do I disable this? He is now getting messages from all my xmas purchases for him!

Login to Me Too
142 REPLIES 142

NYDOLL38
Contributor
Contributor

After paying a transaction this morning I apparently authorized Paypal to be part of my facebook messenger.  I do not want Paypal a part of messenger at all.  I have already turned off the notification and messenges, what I want is to unlink the two.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @NYDOLL38

Welcome to the PayPal Community Help Forums! 🙂

I'm happy to help you with adjusting your Messenger receipt settings and I'm sorry to hear that they may not have been helpful. Your feedback is appreciated! 

To stop receipt info from being sent to Facebook Messenger, you may follow these instructions: https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-update-my-facebook-messenger-notification-prefer...

I hope this helps! 🙂

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

teambama
Contributor
Contributor

that link does not work. I also want to remove PP from facebook 

Login to Me Too

NYDOLL38
Contributor
Contributor

1. Go to Facebook
2. Go to Settings (Top right on your navigation bar with the inverted triangle)

3. Go to Payments (Left navigation bar)

4. Go to Account Setting (Top navigation bar)

5. Look at Payment Methods and click remove that appear next to paypal

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Thank you, @teambama and @NYDOLL38, for letting me know and I'm so sorry that the initial short link did not work. 😞

I have edited my reply and added a working link. 

My apologies again! 

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

brainwise
Contributor
Contributor

The step-by-step instructions worked. Thank you. 

Login to Me Too

NYDOLL38
Contributor
Contributor

The link you supplied does not work.

Login to Me Too

wifeypoo
Contributor
Contributor

Let me start by saying I know this question has been answered in another thread, however, that was in light of using Paypal and MEssenger APPS, which I do not use.  

I, too, accidentally enabled this, thinking "Messenger" meant ios messaging app.  How do I disable this using the Paypal website and Facebook website?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi wifeypoo,

At this time, there is no option to opt-out of these notifications in your PayPal account. To stop the notifications, delete the Facebook Messenger conversation with PayPal. Instructions for deleting the conversation can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/help/messenger-app/242107552657620.

We are investigating the option to manage these notifications directly fromhttp://PayPal.com in the future. I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

I hope this information helps!

~Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Oky
Contributor
Contributor
You would get. Better explanation on YouTube
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.