How do I stop Notifications to messenger

Sangria
New Community Member

I accidentally linked my PayPal acct to my sons messenger account. How do I disable this? He is now getting messages from all my xmas purchases for him!

Login to Me Too
142 REPLIES 142

CaelanAegana
Contributor
Contributor

Does not work. Paypal doesn't appear in my Facebook payments but I still get receipts through Messenger. I never opted in to this and Paypal customer service will NOT address my complaint. I am really concerned about my privacy now and am coming very close to closing the Paypal account I've had since 2002...

Login to Me Too

madhungarian
New Community Member

Yeah, WTF is this all about. I don't recall setting anything up and all of a sudden I get annoying receipts in FB messenger when I pay using paypal. 

Login to Me Too

Flashgo
Contributor
Contributor

This is helpful: https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-turn-off-receipt-notifications-within-facebook-m...

I used the Facebook Messenger webpage and deleted the conversation with PayPal.

I don't know how Facebook got access to my PayPal account, and I worry that there may be some memory of this connection within the bowels of both FB & PP.

Login to Me Too

MarthaC
Contributor
Contributor

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Login to Me Too

HappyLemming
New Community Member

This BS and is a huge invasion of privacy across unrelated accounts.

Login to Me Too

olderTechnology
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree that this stinks. But the really sinister part of it is, how did Paypal find my Messenger information. I have Paypal linked to eBay, but no other platform. How can I erase my Facebook login from Paypal? The "Manage" button in the referenced article only manages my relationship to that payer. It doesn't unlink Paypal from my Facebook. And none of my Facebook account settings mentions Paypal.

Login to Me Too

lynndorman
New Community Member

I seem to have opted in by mistake and want to opt out - how do I do that

Login to Me Too

morrow316
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to be linked in any way with the Facebook Messenger feature.

I accidently clicked something that started this service.

How do I completely undo what happened?

Login to Me Too

GSarkis
New Community Member

I had the same thing happen.  I did not choose this option.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.