How do I stop Notifications to messenger

Sangria
New Community Member

I accidentally linked my PayPal acct to my sons messenger account. How do I disable this? He is now getting messages from all my xmas purchases for him!

Login to Me Too
142 REPLIES 142

Vendella

Unable to do this on a business account I guess?

Login to Me Too

JMay

How do we do this with a business account? I am inching toward getting a different, less-intrusive payment processor. This may be the last straw for me if I can't turn this off.

Login to Me Too

JMay

I could not turn off the notification in the paypal settings becuase I have a business account. The only real solution I can find is to remove paypal as a payment method for Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/242462812536016

Or on the Paypal side here: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=%5fmanage%2dpaylist

(Instructions for that in the comments here: /t5/About-Settings-Archive/How-do-I-remove-my-Paypal-account-from-Facebook/m-p/637438#M3611)

Login to Me Too

MartyPG13

This should never have been automatically linked in the first place and made it such a pain the **bleep** to unlink - it should be explicitly opt-in, not automatically ticked.

Ridiculous and extremely annoying. Sort your crap out.

Login to Me Too

brothalan
Contributor
Contributor
  • Great Solution!  and THANK YOU!!
  • Creepy, I gave a gift to someone through Pay Pal and all of a sudden FB Messenger gives me a receipt.
  • It was really hard give kudos on this.  Maybe because this is because my first community post or my Pay Pal did not have a screename.
Login to Me Too

Catfinder
Contributor
Contributor

There is nothing in my Paypal account that looks like the screens you show, even when I use your link -- it takes me to a place that doesn't look at all like your screens. I am with other posters -- STOP IT! I hate Messenger and am thinking of turning it off. Why don't people use email which is more private?

I am 100% sure that I never selected "post to messenger" in any place -- you say it was after I made a purchase -- show it to me.

Ya'll aren't the only solution anymore so stop this if you want me to stay. I can use Zelle (through my bank), Google Wallet and others -- or I can just start accepting credit cards. 

Please Paypal, redeem yourself.

Login to Me Too

PavelC

this does not work for me. My Notifications panel does not have "Messager" section. I am getting paypal receipt notifocations in messeger, but would like to switch to email. 

Login to Me Too

designkink

How can you call this solved?

This does not work, I don't use Facebook on Mobile and this solution does not work on my desktop Facebook account. Furthermore writing to staff on Twitter and Facebook they keep sending me back here telling me this is a solution.

I have now rated PayPal 1 star on Facebook. Every time I get the opportunity to tell people how horrible PayPal is I will.

I never wanted my private financial transactions connected to my private social media account, PayPal claims I opted in. VERY SNEAKY BEHAVIOR hiding a checkbox which I didn't noticed and was pre-checked by you during some UI / transaction. Utterly contemptible behavior by PayPal.

Login to Me Too

temp20180910
Contributor
Contributor

This doesn't work. I would like to disconnect facebook from paypal. Total BS that this is not simple.

Login to Me Too

blusanders
Contributor
Contributor

Neither of these work for me. There is no option for anything Messenger related in any settings on paypal.com or the app. Why is this so difficult? I thought it was going to useful. Now it's annoying. It should be simple to stop.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.