cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop Notifications to messenger

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Community Member

Can't stop notifications to Facebook messenger - I don't have messenger app!

I am quite angry at this linkup happening without my consent.  of all the ways to risk my information, linking finance to facebook!!!!???

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Can't stop notifications to Facebook messenger - I don't have messenger app!

yeah they really took a dive on this one.  it's **bleep** off a lot of people, especially since they didn't provide a way to opt out until today.  

/t5/About-Payments/How-do-I-stop-Notifications-to-messenger/td-p/1146358  

Highlighted
New Community Member

PayPal Gets FaceBook Information

Hi,

PayPal Notification Messages on FaceBook are annoying, but easy to turn off.  Along with putting messages on your FaceBook, however, PayPal notifies you that now you have given PayPal the right to access and use your public FaceBook information. This is of a much bigger concern to me, because this action, from what I understand, is not reversable.

I turned the Messenger off. Now, how do I make sure that PayPal did not distribute my FaceBook info among third party vendors"?  I do not like PayPal taking actions on me that are irreversable.

Any thoughts on this (except being very annoying)?

Tags (2)
Highlighted
New Community Member

Re: PayPal Gets FaceBook Information

+1

I too would like to reverse this setting. I don't want paypal to send notifications to paypal messenger.

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: PayPal Gets FaceBook Information

It is too bad that there is no more replies to this post!

I made the mistake several years ago of joining the two accounts when I had a company account on Facebook. I took PayPal OFF Facebook, now I am getting questions from PayPal asking me to join it with Messenger. Ugh. If I had wanted PayPal joined with Facebook, I would have left the two joined!

Highlighted
Contributor

How do I change which Facebook account notifications are sent to

Once you have accidentally clicked on an ok button to opt into receiving transaction details via Facebook message, any transactions you make going forward will go to a Facebook account in message form.  How do you change which Facebook account this goes to?  Also a similar question was asked on how to disassociate your Facebook completely which was incorrectly marked as solved by a moderator because they answered it with the ability to just "disable"  I would like to know how both methods:  1) change the Facebook account that is messaged   2) disassociate my facebook completely from Paypal, not disable notifications.

Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: How do I change which Facebook account notifications are sent to

I suspect that if your PayPal acct and your Facebook acct share any particular account owner information that are the same, that is how the accts would be linked and under the email account the notifications are sent.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Highlighted

Re: How do I change which Facebook account notifications are sent to

Hi AnnoyedasCrap,

I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the Community.

I apologize, at this time we do not have the option to edit the Facebook account associated. As this feature is enabled by opting into it, after completing a PayPal checkout, one option would be to remove setting from your PayPal notifications. To update the setting in your PayPal profile follow this link

Once removed the next time you complete a PayPal checkout you can change the Facebook account receipts would be sent to. You can also stop the notifications in Messenger.

Hope this helps 🙂

-April

Highlighted
New Community Member

Re: How do I stop Notifications to messenger

NO THIS IS NOT SOLVED. WHEN I LOGIN TO NOTIFICATIONS THE MESSENGER OPTION IS NOT EVEN THERE.

WHAT A POINTLESS, ANNOYING FEATURE. SMS AND OR EMAIL IS MORE THAN ENOUGH.

Highlighted
New Community Member

Re: How do I stop Notifications to messenger

I've been looking for the messenger notification thing for 30 minutes, it is no where to be found.  I DID NOT give knowing consent for paypal to send any notice of any kind to messenger.  I DO NOT want ANYTHING about my paypal activities  sent to messenger at all, for any reason.  TURN IT OFF!!  It's not solved.