How do I stop Notifications to messenger

Sangria
New Community Member

I accidentally linked my PayPal acct to my sons messenger account. How do I disable this? He is now getting messages from all my xmas purchases for him!

Login to Me Too
142 REPLIES 142

A_TeaMz
Contributor
Contributor

Im Going To Guess That You Might Be Able To Stop That Through Your Facebook Notification Settings Along With Your Phone Settings & You Can Try PaPal Settings Lastly. Hope This Helps Solve Your Situation! Have A Good One!

Login to Me Too

DeskjockeySid
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently a merchant I use has updated their PayPal account to use Facebook payments via Paypal!

Smiley Mad

How do I disable Facebook in my PayPal account?  I don't want FB Messenger receipts nor do I want Facebook tracking all my PayPal purchases with any merchants?

I understand how to turn off Facebook Messenger notifications.  I do not want Facebook survelience of my PayPal purchases.  How do I break the account linkages and associations?

TIA,

Sid

Login to Me Too

LizaJaneMonroe
New Community Member

Facebook keeps sending me receipts from PayPal for purchases made with PayPal, but which have NOTHING to do with Facebook. I don't think I signed up for this, and I don't want it. I don't like Facebook have it's 'hooks' into so many parts of my life.

How do I make this stop? I'm not even sure why it happened.

Many people have asked this question, but I don't see an answer.

In a different part of Facebook 'help', there is advice to click on 'Manage' in the upper right corner of a message from PayPal, and then turn off notifications. All I see here is an opportunity to block the messages from PayPal. I don't want to block them, I want PayPal to 1) stop accessing Messenger, and 2) stop sending messages via Facebook.

An e-mail is perfect, and it still does that, too. This messaging is overkill and I want it to stop.

Can someone please help with this?

Thanks in advance:-)

Login to Me Too

mony6924
New Community Member

This feature is miserable. The "opt in" doesn't really give you a "no" choice.

I feel like it was forced on me, and I hate it.

Login to Me Too

PyrateGrace
Contributor
Contributor

After just making a purchase, my account is now linked up with Facebook Messenger. I don't want this and all I can find is ways to turn off notifications. How can I remove the connect between messenger and PayPal? Thanks!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PyrateGrace

1. Go to Facebook
2. Go to Settings (Top right on your navigation bar with the inverted triangle)

3. Go to Payments (Left navigation bar)

4. Go to Account Setting (Top navigation bar)

5. Look at Payment Methods and click remove that appear next to paypal

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

NYDOLL38
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for posting this!!!

Login to Me Too

swerber
Contributor
Contributor

I received a PayPal notification through my FB Messenger. I do not want these two accounts linked and do not ever recall agreeing to this. How do I change that notification setting and unlink these accounts?

Login to Me Too

aznanimelova
New Community Member

To op-out of Facebook messenger and unlink Paypal from Facebook.

1. Go to Facebook
2. Go to Settings (Top right on your navigation bar with the inverted triangle)

3. Go to Payments (Left navigation bar)

4. Go to Account Setting (Top navigation bar)

5. Look at Payment Methods and click remove that appear next to paypal

I don't know why but Facebook automatically link paypal as a payment method even if you don't puchase anything. This should remove Paypal from messenger.

Login to Me Too

pbasch
New Community Member

I hope this works... it's creepy as heck.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.