cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop Notifications to messenger

SOLVED
New Community Member

I don't want receipts sent to Facebook Messenger

Every time I make a purchase using Paypal I get a receipt sent to Facebook messenger. How do I make this stop?
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: I don't want receipts sent to Facebook Messenger

New Community Member

Hi,

I am having this issue as well and this solution.  I tried delinking it from payments on facebook but paypal does not appear on my facebook.  Additionally, obviously I have a facebook account, which is where I keep getting paypal notifications that I don't want but I don't have the facebook messenger app.  
I do not want to download the app to disable notifications that I never signed up for.  And, every time I try to deselect the notifications from my paypal account it never saves what I have just done.  It goes back to leaving the notifications for facebook on. 

How can I delink my facebook and paypal? 

Oky Contributor
Contributor

Ask PayPal
Oky Contributor
Contributor

In order to stop receipts from going into messager you have to log out of Facebook
Tags (1)
Oky Contributor
Contributor

You would have to go back and log out of your Facebook
Contributor

How can I stop Pay Pal notifications via Facebook Message?

Today, I received a Facebook message from Pay Pal saying "You’re all set! You are ready to use PayPal on Messenger. Thanks for linking your account!"  And "You agreed to have PayPal send you updates. Replying will allow PayPal to see info you've made public."  Now Pay Pal sends each transaction receipt in a Facebook message.

I don't recall authorizing this.  I want to undo it.

My Facebook settings do not show Pay Pal as a payment method.

My Pay Pal settings do not show Facebook or Messenger as a notification method.

I do not even have Messenger installed on any of my devices.

HOW DO I STOP THESE UNWANTED NOTIFICATIONS?

New Community Member

Re: How can I stop Pay Pal notifications via Facebook Message?

I had the same problem. You can block the messages by clicking on the "gear" symbol and clicking "block messages". I'm curious to know more about the "linking" that the message refers to; how can I unlink PayPal and FB messenger?

I'm also curious to know if this has anything to do with Yahoo's recent security breach, as my (now changed) facebook login email was one of Yahoo's compromised ones.

New Community Member

Same problem. I blocked them. Super creepy. Makes me feel MUCH less secure with PayPal. I do not recal authorising communication between FB and PayPal and I cannot find a way to undo it.

Benny

Contributor

Same here. Totally not happy about this. I try to keep some separation between my various accounts for privacy reasons and also to prevent cross-application hacking. I presume this was some Paypal shady pre-filled checkbox shadiness. 

Tags (1)