cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know if my primary address has been confirmed?

How do I know if my primary address has been confirmed?

I paid for some items through paypal a few months ago.  I noticed that the items were delivered to my old address, so I updated my primary address in paypal.  I ordered another item a week ago from a different vendor and paid for it through paypal.  The vendor shipped it to the address listed in paypal except on my end it shows as my updated address, but on their end, it shows the old address.  So my item was shipped to my old address and returned to sender since I no longer live there. 

I contacted paypal support and they told me that my address was unconfirmed?  I looked at settings and there was nothing to indicate that my address wasn't confirmed.  They told me that it would say that it needed to be confirmed in settings and if there wasn't an option, then that means that my address was confirmed. 

Basically, how do I know if my address is confirmed and if I order another item it won't get shipped to the wrong address?  Everything is showing as confirmed on my end.

4 REPLIES
Highlighted
Volunteer Advisor

Re: How do I know if my primary address has been confirmed?

To confirm the address you need to make sure you have a credit card on file with PayPal where the billing address matches the address you've added.

I would double check your addresses in your PayPal profile to be sure you have fully removed the old address as well.  From within that screen, you'll see your address(es) listed, and as long as it doesn't have a label saying "Unconfirmed" you should be good to go.

Just be careful when you're checking out for items to make sure your shipping address is showing up properly during checkout.  

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!

@angelleye wrote:

To confirm the address you need to make sure you have a credit card on file with PayPal where the billing address matches the address you've added.

I would double check your addresses in your PayPal profile to be sure you have fully removed the old address as well.  From within that screen, you'll see your address(es) listed, and as long as it doesn't have a label saying "Unconfirmed" you should be good to go.

Just be careful when you're checking out for items to make sure your shipping address is showing up properly during checkout.  

My credit card on file was already updated to my new address.  I completely removed my old address, so there was only my updated address showing. I also never had a notice that my address was "unconfirmed".  
Volunteer Advisor

@ljthomas16 wrote:

I paid for some items through paypal a few months ago.  I noticed that the items were delivered to my old address, so I updated my primary address in paypal.  I ordered another item a week ago from a different vendor and paid for it through paypal.  The vendor shipped it to the address listed in paypal except on my end it shows as my updated address, but on their end, it shows the old address.  So my item was shipped to my old address and returned to sender since I no longer live there. 

I contacted paypal support and they told me that my address was unconfirmed?  I looked at settings and there was nothing to indicate that my address wasn't confirmed.  They told me that it would say that it needed to be confirmed in settings and if there wasn't an option, then that means that my address was confirmed. 

Basically, how do I know if my address is confirmed and if I order another item it won't get shipped to the wrong address?  Everything is showing as confirmed on my end.

When you add the new address, did you tick the "Make this address primary" box? Did you also update your billing address? I presume you also changed the mailing addresses on all your payment methods (bank account, cards) to match? 

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Smiley Happy

When you add the new address, did you tick the "Make this address primary" box? Did you also update your billing address? I presume you also changed the mailing addresses on all your payment methods (bank account, cards) to match? 

Yes I did all of that and it only shows the one address, which is my new addresss.  All the addresses for my payment methods were updated months ago.