cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I close my paypal account when I am no longer residing in the US anymore?

How do I close my paypal account when I am no longer residing in the US anymore?

I have been contacting customer service and is has been the 9th emails and still they couldn't give me a solution on how to close my account.

As mentioned I am no longer residing in the US and I no longer have bank there.

Any options that I can close my account would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES
Volunteer Advisor

Re: How do I close my paypal account when I am no longer residing in the US anymore?

@PengHoe

You are supposed to close your account prior to moving as it may be hard to provide enough info to satisfy paypal as to who you are once you have moved.

Have you got a family member in the U.S who can log into your account and close it for you?

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.

Re: How do I close my paypal account when I am no longer residing in the US anymore?

Hi, Yes I do. I have friends in the US. But is that the only option?

Hi @PengHoe,

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty closing your account. Your best bet is to contact customer service by phone to close the account, if the email option has not been working for you. Allowing another person to log in as you may cause problems, and I would recommend against it.

To find the number to call, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page and follow the prompts to contact customer service by phone. You can log in or click to call as a guest.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.