How do I close my paypal account when I am no longer residing in the US anymore?

PengHoe
Contributor
Contributor

I have been contacting customer service and is has been the 9th emails and still they couldn't give me a solution on how to close my account.

As mentioned I am no longer residing in the US and I no longer have bank there.

Any options that I can close my account would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PengHoe

You are supposed to close your account prior to moving as it may be hard to provide enough info to satisfy paypal as to who you are once you have moved.

Have you got a family member in the U.S who can log into your account and close it for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PengHoe
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Yes I do. I have friends in the US. But is that the only option?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @PengHoe,

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty closing your account. Your best bet is to contact customer service by phone to close the account, if the email option has not been working for you. Allowing another person to log in as you may cause problems, and I would recommend against it.

To find the number to call, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page and follow the prompts to contact customer service by phone. You can log in or click to call as a guest.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.