How do I change my account from bussiness to personal

riottasu

All things I saw where outdated so I dont know how to see it.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

TomTheHelper
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

The only way to downgrade back to a personal account is to contact Paypal customer service (number can be found by searching "Paypal Customer Support" on google).

At this moment, Paypal customer support is inactive even during working hours so you'll have to wait until the COVID-19 situation calms down.

Login to Me Too

riottasu

I sent an email before the reply, isn't there a way someone of your team at home can change the account type? Or is there a way so someone gives me money without the tax thing, like a family thing.

Login to Me Too

TomTheHelper
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

From the start, I'll have to notify you that I do not work for Paypal and I'm not associated with their customer support. I'm a person who's been using Paypal for some time.

However, as stated you'll have to contact Paypal directly through their number which at this time is not possible (as no person will be able to answer).

If you have any more question, please don't hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Tom.

Login to Me Too

riottasu

Ok but is there a way to give someone money without the paypal tax thing because someone in my family wants to give me money but he doesnt want to give me more because of the tax thing, like he wants to give me 10€ but not like 12€ or something because of the tax.

Login to Me Too

TomTheHelper
Contributor
Contributor

Are both of your accounts in pounds or is your relative's account in a different currency?

Same vice versa, is your account in a different currency?

Login to Me Too

riottasu

Both accounts are Euros

Login to Me Too

TomTheHelper
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

apologizing for asking if they're in pounds (haven't noticed the Euro sign).

This might not be because you're using a business account.

I've also had additional fees (2$) when buying/sending money via Paypal.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Sincerely,

Tom.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TomTheHelper 

NEVER advise someone to get paypals number via google as that is how they get scam numbers put on google search and get scammed.

The only SAFE way is via help / contact BUT paypals phones are not up and running generally at the moment.

@riottasu 

If its a friends / family gift payment and NOT a payment for goods / services then you can use the family / friends option. 

IF you fund it from funds in your balance or bank account and NOT via a card then there is no fee. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

riottasu

So when they give me money there is an option for family members?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.