How do I cancel my PayPal account permanently?

NotPleased
New Community Member

I will never use PayPal again.  I have been using it for many years, and I finally had to file a dispute claim against an Ebay seller.  I asked for a partial refund under the Satisfaction Guarantee and was denied.  PayPal always favors the Seller, never protects the Buyer.  I want to remove all of my accounts and credit cards from the PayPal account and close it permanently, and PayPal won't help me do that.  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

* Login to your account.
* Click on the "gear" icon next to Logout.
* You should see a link at the bottom left.
* "Close your Account" - click

Notes:
As per the FAQs:   If you close your PayPal account, it can’t be reopened. Any scheduled or incomplete transactions are canceled.  You can’t close your account if there are limitations, unresolved issues, or a balance.  Also, if you have an email address on your account that you haven’t confirmed, remove it from your account before you close it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NotPleased

Paypal does not deal in part refunds.

If you file a 'dispute' then that is for negotiations between you and the seller and that is when a part refund can be offered and accepted.

If one is not offered and you escalate the dispute to a 'claim' then paypal gives you one option only (if they find in your favour), and that is to return the item back to the seller for a FULL refund.

This is clearly explained in Paypals buyer protection policy.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.