How do I actually contact someone at paypal?

danhirons
New Community Member

I've been trying a few times now and it's ridiculously difficult to contact a member of staff via paypal.de

I send a query, then I get an auto-response (which doesn't resolve it) and which says:

"

Question still unanswered?

• Give us a call. You can reach us via the "Contact" link at the bottom of any PayPal page. Important: Please have your customer service PIN ready. 

OR

• Reply to this email using the same email address where you received this automated reply."

Well...I don't get an email with this message in it so I can't reply... I only get an email saying that I've received a message and when I reply to this nothing happens!!!

Am I missing something?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

LobsterMan
Contributor
Contributor

Contacting someone at PayPal to resolve an issue IS IMPOSSIBLE. We are having account problems and are in the same unending loop of resetting the account. This is NOT even close to the level of service that a bank offers, makes me want to reconsider doing anything via PayPal. Up to now we have been doing low $ transactions but now that I've experienced a total lockout for several days it makes me wonder just how viable it is to get rid of my traditional bank.

Login to Me Too

OrchidOne
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. Very difficult to talk to someone in person (i've had no luck reaching out) and message center is not 'real time'.  I recently raised a claim for the first time and a very nice guy called me and assured me that I should return an item to get a refund.  He was so nice that I did as I was asked.  Now paypal says my tracking details are inadequate.  They are not.  I can't talk to anyone as it is 'out of hours'.  I thought this was an international business, but i really feel like I've been scammed by paypal.  I very very rarely have issues shopping online.  This is the first time I've had a very upsetting interaction with a seller and now paypal have compounded the matter - made worse by not being able to contact them to find out if they are genuinely in error.  I am so upset

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.