How do I Upload a document to verify I am the credit card owner of the card I'm trying to add?

CampariBrown
New Community Member

Paypal needs me to upload a credit card statement to verify I am the credit card owner of the card I'm trying to add to paypal. How do I do this, there's no obvious or even obscure way to do this? It's very frustrating?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

If you were asked to upload documents they can be uploaded through the Resolution Centre on your PayPal account.

-David R

Login to Me Too

JonnySmith
New Community Member

I too have had the exact same problem. Everytime i go into the "Resolution Centre" to view and fix the problem and try to link my credit card statement as proof required PayPal have no provision for such. 

There is no where to upload and provide this required proof and everytime i go to "contact us" and advise PayPal of this situation they email me back with a whole page of FAQ's which do not help at all. 

PayPal if you request such "proof" documentation while "limited" clients PayPal accounts then it is in your best interest to also provide provisions in place for the client to provide such proof documents. 

I have now emailed PayPal about this situation 3 seperate times and also tried to rectify this problem for the past 2 weeks with still no luck at all and my PayPal account is still "limited". 

Please advise of a workable solution to this problem PayPal? 

Thank you. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi JonnySmith,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member! 

Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPalUK/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., email or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

issamel
New Community Member

I'm having the exact problem right now! This whole site just brings you in circles, and it is beyond frustrating! Paypal, if you require your customers to verify their identities (that part can be easily uploaded), then upload more documents to verify invoices, then provide an uploader for that! Don't respond with saying we should call you or reach out to you personally, as I had done that and there is still no resolution. YOU ARE HOLDING MY MONEY HOSTAGE WHILE NOT PROVIDING A RESOLUTION TO GIVE IT BACK TO ME. Calling your phone number each time results up to 30 minutes of wait time, and then you send me an email with "resolutions steps" that is outdated as half of the steps of instructions doesn't even apply to your website! THIS IS THE WORST GATEWAY I'VE USED AND WILL BE DISCONTINUING THIS SERVICE ON MY STORE WHEN I GET MY MONEY BACK. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.