How can I recover my account?

xsale
Contributor
Contributor

A long time ago I opened a paypal account with my private and preferable email address. Back then I filled up credit card number and a business phone number I used.

When I tried to recover my password recently I found in odd situation. At the forget password page I got 3 options: receive recovery code by the phone number (which I don't own anymore and it's not active), by entering the credit card details (which has expired a long time ago and I don't recall credit card numbers) or by entering the email address. Since I've got access to the email address I opted for the email option. I entered the email address, got security code to email and entered them back into pay pal web page. But then I got another page, asking for a final confirmation asking me to either enter credit card details or to enter a phone number that is inactive (and I can't activate it again).

At the end I checked the support section and there found an option to post a question here after I login :). So, how can I login and leave my question if I can't recover my account?

As a result I opened a temporary account just to post this question and ask for help.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xsale 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.