How can I log in with an old phone number

Tryhelping
New Community Member
Hi, I have found no solution to be able to log in using the 2 step verification system, when my phone number attached to that set up is no longer in use. I cannot log in to change it, so how can I amend this frustrating issue please? I initially set this particular account up many years ago in anotger country that I resided in, so I no longer use it.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

jozefch

I lost access to my old phone too. 
I have this problem too and chat support cannot solve this, I can login with my password normally, but after there is some verification to only my old phone. This is no 2-factor auth. There is no other option to bypass this (another auth method).

Probably paypal do some new features due to new eu regulation Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD2) and paypal forgot that there is people who lost access to old mobile phone number.

Most funny think is there will be new inactivity fee and i cannot access my account to delete it. 😄

Please FIX THIS

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jozefch 

@Tryhelping 

You would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.