How can I change my primary address

Peteringkarem
Contributor
Contributor
We have moved house changed all the addresses on the cards in the wallet but cannot change the home primary address on PayPal. Surely moving house doesn't mean deleting the PayPal account and then opening a new one? How do I change the primary address ? And how to I get PayPal interested in answering this simple question.? Luckily local delivery drivers have come to the rescue and know where we now live and where we used to live but honestly this is crackers.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Anna

Hi bobkilljoy,

Thank you for posting!

We’re sorry to hear about the challenge.

Here's how to update your postal address:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click the Settings icon next to "Log out."
  3. Click Edit in the Address section.
  4. Enter your changes and click Change Address.

Please note that you can’t change your address to another country. If you’re moving abroad, you’ll need to close your existing account and open a new account.

Additionally, please make sure that your new address is set up as a primary address.

Hope it helps.

Anna

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

How do I add, edit or remove my postal address?

2. Click the 'Settings' icon at the top of the page.
  3. In the 'Address' section:
  • To add a new address: click the plus symbol, enter the details and click Add Address
  • To edit an existing address: under the address you'd like to update click Edit. Then enter the details and click Change Address
  • To remove an existing address: under the address you'd like to remove click Delete

Note:

• If you’re editing a postal address that is also your card billing address, please first update your address with your card issuer
  • If you’re editing a postal address, you cannot change the country field. If you're moving to another country, we recommend creating a new PayPal account in that country

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Peteringkarem
Contributor
Contributor
I had already tried all that. I have managed to change the primary address by deleting all cards, and then making our new address the primary one. But I still cannot delete or change the old address because I have to update my wallet addresses first. But there are no cards in my wallet to update. We are still getting deliveries to the old address despite months of trying to change it.
Login to Me Too

Jess1988
New Community Member

I had the same problem, Paypal was saying that I couldn't delete an address until I removed it from a card in the wallet although i had already deleted all my card information. 

The way i managed to get my address changed was logging into ebay and accessing my PayPal account via Ebay, in the overview i had around 15 postal addresses linked to my account; once I had deleted them all, I could then go back onto PayPal and delete the addresses.

I hope this helps. 

Login to Me Too

bobkilljoy
Contributor
Contributor

H E L P !!! How can I change my primary address on my PayPal account profile???

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Anna

Hi bobkilljoy,

Thank you for posting!

We’re sorry to hear about the challenge.

Here's how to update your postal address:

2. Click the Settings icon next to "Log out."
  3. Click Edit in the Address section.
  4. Enter your changes and click Change Address.

Please note that you can’t change your address to another country. If you’re moving abroad, you’ll need to close your existing account and open a new account.

Additionally, please make sure that your new address is set up as a primary address.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Roaie123
Contributor
Contributor
Spoiler
Spoiler
Please change my primAry address
Login to Me Too

bhk
Contributor
Contributor

I changed my primary address using edit.

But the OLD address is still showing as Primary.  When I attempt to Delete it says

CANNOT DELETE PRIMARY ADDRESS

I changed my Address on the credit card,  and on EBAY;   ebay used to be automatic with Paypal but not anymore I guess.

It should not take 1 hr to do something this simple;   other websites needing address changes are MUCH easier to use

Alsof, the CAPTCHA letters on blurred and unreadable

Login to Me Too

Lance_Howarth
New Community Member

I had the same problem. I couldn't update my primary address on the latest web front end as it was linked to data retained in the "wallet". Even when I deleted all the cards in the wallet the problem persisted. It took me about an hour but eventually I solved it.

i) Click on wallet - this will list all your card and bank account details

ii) At the bottom of the page, in the footer on the left hand side, you can revert to the "classic site". Click on classic site and you will be given the old web front end to edit your account details. Third entry down is address and if you have the same problem as me this will be your old persistant address.

iii) click on update and you will be presented with every address that you have ever used that paypal has retained. Under status you are looking for the address marked "home". You need to edit this address as opposed to delete it. 

I also took the opportunity to delete all the old addresses.

Clearly it's dodgy funtionality in the new paypal front end. Another case of form over function.

Hope this helps.

Lance

Login to Me Too

rxraine
New Community Member

Thank you, Lance! Exactly this problem and your instructions worked perfectly. Form over function indeed...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.