How can I change my name

Kait_slatts
New Community Member

I used a different name but my real email address how can I change it to my real name

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

You may only have 2 options - one would be to contact customer service for assistance, be prepared to provide what ever documentation that they may ask for like photo, ID, Tax ID, Utility Bill with both your name and address - not sure what they will require but, there's some ideas.   Your other option would be to close this account and open a new one.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kait_slatts

You can only change a name if there was a minor typo OR a legal change ie marriage.

If you used a totally fake name then you would not be able to change it or verify your account and any funds in it would be lost.

https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-change-the-name-on-my-paypal-account-faq586

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Kait_slatts,

The information that @kernowlass supplied is partially correct. If there is a limitation on the account, the limitation will not be resolvable. Any funds on the account would not be able to be withdrawn, though payments may be able to be refunded with the assistance of customer support.

If the account is not yet limited, I suggest that you close the account as soon as possible and open a new account using the correct name. It is a requirement that accurate information be used on your PayPal account.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.