Hiding your last name when another user "donates", for privacy reasons

ugyuu
New Community Member

Hello! My PayPal account is linked with a Third Party website called Streamlabs, which is a very popular website for Twitch livestreamers like me. Through a custom Streamlabs URL, users can donate to my PayPal account. However, they are able to view my full name when checking their payment history. For privacy reasons, I'd like to hide my last name, so that users who have donated to my channel won't see it, or see my username instead. Is there a way to do this for the custom URL, or is there a way to make the username the primary name visible when a user goes to my profile?

Let me know if there is a solution to this. Also make sure to tell me if you are confused about my question. In advance, thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi ugyuu,

Great question! Thanks for describing in such great detail, that definitely helped with identifying the issue. 🙂 In this case, the only way to mask your last name with Streamlabs would be to upgrade your PayPal account to a business account and to make your streamer name/identity the business name. When you receive donations, donors will see the the business name you list instead of your first and last name. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.