Help!

Anthony-G
New Community Member

So, I have a prepaid mastercard with $50 on it (definitely not drained) and I added it on to my wallet on paypal and I accidentally clicked confirm on it instead of my credit card. I tried to buy something with paypal on a ps4 later that day, and it didn't work.

Is there a way to check my summary on a prepaid card?

Is there a way to cancel the confirmation?

Is the card still usable while it is in the confirmation process?

Is there a way to transfer the money on the card into Paypal Funds?

Thanks

Anthony G

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Anthony - G,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

PS4 payments are usually completed through a Billing Agreement created between PS4 and your PayPal account. This Billing Agreement will need to be linked to an active card issued through a financial institution like your bank. A pre-paid card may not be accepted as if a payment is due there may be insufficient funds on the card or the card may have expired to fulfill the funds.  It is possible to make a payment while the confirmation is in progress but you may need to change your primary funding source over to your credit card to continue making the payment. You may also need to update the Billing Agreement to reflect this new card. 

To change your subscription's funding source:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click the Settings icon at the top of the page.
  3. Click Manage Payments.
  4. Click Pre-approved payments.
  5. Under 'Merchants', select the merchant whose agreement you want to change.
  6. Under 'Funding Source', click Change.
  7. Select an alternate funding source and click Save.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.