Help Questions about paypal changes taking affect on March 29,2019

Ameerah24
Contributor
Contributor

Hello 

I am new to the group and  new to using paypal. I have only had my card a few years.

My question is  I just received an email from paypal stating they will make changes   going in  affect starting march 29,2019

Now my card is a prepaid mastercard  netspend reload it. I believe

I only use my paypal account some times to receive money.  I do not buy or use it online for anything other than to withdraw my funds  .

Now my card is not linked to a  bank account or anything like that.   Now from my understanding and reading paypal with automatically link my account to their paypal cash or paypal cash plus  it said by march 29,2019 am i right? It said some thing or my account or something has to be verified first

now on my paypal account i have my full name first and last and also my ssn number and address for sending. and i do believe my dob even tho i cant find it. Will this affect me in anyway.   Can I still use my current account and card that i am using now after paypal has linked my card.  How do i know if i am verified as i  said i do not have a bank account linked to my card. so will this info i have provided on my account  does paypal verify  and tells me or do they  add their account to it the paypal cash or paypal cash plus or am i supposed to sign up for this account my self.

I really do hope some one can explain this to me in a simple way its a bit confusing

Thanks alot 

Please Help

Ameerah

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ameerah24 

The way I understand it is this: You received that email which means PayPal will automatically switch your account over to a PayPal Cash Plus account in order for you to hold funds in your PayPal balance (balance account) and not need to "claim" the funds every time by withdrawing to a linked bank account. Whatever cards you have linked will stay the same. Is yours a PayPal Prepaid MasterCard? You should still be able to use that product as you been doing.

This whole thing seems to be about being able to keep funds in your PayPal balance (balance account) when you receive payments and this is the way they are doing it. If PayPal system hadn't need to ask you to confirm your info, it means everything is ok with your account info, as they haven't discovered anything mismatching or incorrect with the checks they did with any databases used (SSN national database for example).

Here is more info, I know the link looks irrelevant but its to do with the new agreement thingy:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-sign-up-for-a-paypal-account-faq3996

If for some reason, your account is not switched over, as you will read in the link above you can enroll in the cash or cash plus account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ameerah24 

The way I understand it is this: You received that email which means PayPal will automatically switch your account over to a PayPal Cash Plus account in order for you to hold funds in your PayPal balance (balance account) and not need to "claim" the funds every time by withdrawing to a linked bank account. Whatever cards you have linked will stay the same. Is yours a PayPal Prepaid MasterCard? You should still be able to use that product as you been doing.

This whole thing seems to be about being able to keep funds in your PayPal balance (balance account) when you receive payments and this is the way they are doing it. If PayPal system hadn't need to ask you to confirm your info, it means everything is ok with your account info, as they haven't discovered anything mismatching or incorrect with the checks they did with any databases used (SSN national database for example).

Here is more info, I know the link looks irrelevant but its to do with the new agreement thingy:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-sign-up-for-a-paypal-account-faq3996

If for some reason, your account is not switched over, as you will read in the link above you can enroll in the cash or cash plus account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.