Help!! Problem logging in to my account beacuse I changed phone number!

ANGELIK1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

I am dealing with an issue in PayPal never dealt with before!

I tried today to log in to my account and for security reasons, Paypal after long long time now remembered to ask me to give the security code that they wanted to send me in my phone number in order for me to have access to my account. The matter is that I have changed my phone number 2 months ago and I forgot to change it in my Paypal account!

Now PayPal Doesn't give me access to my account if I don't receive this code in my Old phone number which doesn't exist anymore since it is repealed!

Also, I cannot contact them to tell them to unlock my account because they don't have staff due to the convid situation and they don't allow me to email them if I don't log in which is my Main Problem here!!

What should I do?? Please help!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Stel181818
New Community Member
I have the same problem too. I do not know what to do. I did get to message with a member of staff and they asked security questions but the original bank card I must have used years ago to set up my paypal account has long been expired so unless I have the last 4 numbers then they can not help me. Can't email them. Very unhelpful.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stel181818 

@ANGELIK1 

You would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.