Help! Paypal won't let me close my account...

JV2000
New Community Member

I've not used my account for at least 12 years.

Now PayPal is going to charge 12 euro per year for any inactive account from January on, so I want this account closed asap. When trying to log in PayPal says it needs to call me as a second verification step to check it is really me. However, the phone number is old and I need to be able to log in in order to change my phone number. They don't give email as other option, so I'm stuck in a vicious circle...

There's still 1,5 euro on my account and it cannot be closed without first transferring the amount left to my bank account. So, I managed first to change my password (was required...) than add my new bank account number. I forgot what exactly happened after that but I could not login a second time to complete closing my account without getting stuck as described here above.

They only option left is to call them on an expensive phone number, risking making a lot of cost while waiting and eventually being left with a still unresolved problem (experience from another paid phone help desk...). I don't want to make cost for a service that I don't use and don't need, and I certainly don't want them to make money over my back this way by just making it impossible to have this solved without making cost that only benefits them.

Please let me know if there's any other way to get this problem solved.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.