Help In Changing Name

Khanyi_M
Contributor
Contributor

Help Please

I'm a writer. I use a pseudonym for my work and used it to open my Paypal account. I'm having an issue with verifying my account now. The help center won't take my ID copy and I'm also required to submit a "change of name" document. I haven't changed my name. Just want to use my real name now. 

I'm in South Africa so I can't even call.

Please help

Thank you in advance

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Khanyi_M

You can only change a name on a paypal account for a 'minor typo' or for legal reasons ie marriage.

If you have used a fake name on a paypal account then you can't change it / would not be able to verify it / would not be able to withdraw any funds from the account.

Read this post from one of the moderators........................

PayPal_Olivia

Re: Is it possible to change a first "fake" name?

Hi @FlashyReese,

Thank you for your post!

If the name on the account is not a name that was ever your legal name, it is not likely that a name change will be possible. Names can be changed on an account in the following circumstances:

A legal name change

A minor misspelling

And in the case of an account for a registered business, a change in the designated contact for the company.

Changing from a fictitious name (or, as in your case, a name unrelated to your legal name) to a legally recognized name is not something that is supported. If the account is not currently limited, you may wish to close the account and open an account using the correct information.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.