Having trouble confirming email address

garymort21
Contributor
Contributor

For the past couple of years I've been having trouble confirming a secondary email address.
However, I can login to Paypal just fine with that address.

Today by accident I gave that address to a buyer who paid £65 to me via the secondary email address.
I then received an email from Paypal telling me I had received £65 but if the email address hadn't been confirmed then the balance wouldn't show.
Again I tried to confirm my email address from within Paypal - I click the 'Confirm email address' button and then receive an email. Upon clicking the 'Confirm your email' button from within the email I'm then directed back to Paypal where I then have to enter my password. I enter my password which I know is correct and get the message 'We're sorry. We're unable to complete your request. Please try again later.'
This happens time after time and over the past couple of years I've even spoke to Paypal over the phone. They appear to do something then tell me to try and confirm in a while and obviously it still doesn't confirm.

There's a 20 digit confirmation code in the email confirmation that I have received funds. Is there anything I can do with that?

I've also tried contacting Paypal again but cant speak to an operator due to staff shortages because of COVID-19.

Has anybody else had this problem? Am I likely to see my £65 anytime soon?

Thanks for any help

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@garymort21 

The only thing i can think of is that you already have had that email address linked to another paypal account.

That is why it is not recognising your password to accept your money.

Have you tried using that email address to log into a paypal account and then using the 'lost password' option?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

garymort21
Contributor
Contributor

When logging in via my secondary email address I arrive at the same PayPal account as I would if I logged in with my primary address so they're both attached to the same single account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.