Having to get pointless 'verification texts' *EVERYTIME* I wish to check my account?

Rumpole
Contributor
Contributor

Last month, Paypal froze my access to my account (they still took their associated fees during this period...it was just me locked out of my own account)  until I had to bite the bullet and ring Paypal up to verify my phone number, which (surprise, surprise) hadn't changed. The call assistant assured me that this 'security measure' was a one-off and that everything would be back to normal.
Yet now, EVERYTIME i try check my account, I have to recieve a POINTLESS verification text passnumber, just to log-in?
I mean, what's the point in 'saving usernames and passwords' if I have to go through this pointless 'text' farce all the time?
If this is the future of 'Paypal Security'....then I might as well withdraw my money and close my account?
This doesn't deter thieves or scammers....it just makes it purposely difficult for the account holder (and little else)

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.