Have sold items on Ebay, people have paid, but no money received yet.

KHewitt1975
New Community Member

I recently sold some items on Ebay and after a few days of not receiving any payment, looked up the status.

Ebay says "payment initiated" and "Buyer hasn't paid yet".  Paypal doesn't say anything in the dashboard.

A few of the buyers are getting anxious and one has suggested that they had this problem before and it is something to do with the fact that our Ebay account and Paypal accounts are not linked anymore??  We had to change our email address a while back on both Ebay and Paypal to a new one.

I thought I would try here as the Paypal messaging service and phone support have all gone home.  Can anyone help?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KHewitt1975 

It's either not not linked, your PayPal Account and your eBay account.

The PayPal email address on your listing could be wrong so go to your eBay listing and click Relist to see the listing form and what PayPal email address is entered.

You must add the email address shown on the form to your PayPal account and confirm it to claim the funds to your PayPal account. If email address is already registered to an PayPal account, check if it is confirmed.

Read this for more troubleshooting suggestions:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-are-payments-for-my-ebay-sales-being-sent-to-the-wro...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KHewitt1975 

It's either not not linked, your PayPal Account and your eBay account.

The PayPal email address on your listing could be wrong so go to your eBay listing and click Relist to see the listing form and what PayPal email address is entered.

You must add the email address shown on the form to your PayPal account and confirm it to claim the funds to your PayPal account. If email address is already registered to an PayPal account, check if it is confirmed.

Read this for more troubleshooting suggestions:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-are-payments-for-my-ebay-sales-being-sent-to-the-wro...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

KHewitt1975
New Community Member

Thank you, that worked.  I've had to re-add my old email address back to paypal and it all came flooding in.

Now though, the money is on hold because it was sent to an address not linked with paypal account, grrr.. 😞 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.