cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have an error called "This card cannot be linked. Please try a different payment method."

SOLVED

Have an error called "This card cannot be linked. Please try a different payment method."

The problem started because they were asking me for a code to verify the card, I did not understand why the code or where to get it, I could get the code and I know where to get it but now it will not let me put the card and it is still charging me $-1.95 x3. I do not know what to do to solve it, I NEED HELP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Volunteer Advisor

Re: Have an error called "This card cannot be linked. Please try a different payment method.&am

@GeminiRising

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-am-getting-an-error-when-i-try-to-link-my-credit-or-deb...

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
8 REPLIES
Volunteer Advisor

Re: Have an error called "This card cannot be linked. Please try a different payment method.&qu

@jonathan959

If you have tried to imput the wrong code x3 then paypal would not let you do it again.

Your best bet is to phone customer services and get it re-set.

Re: Have an error called "This card cannot be linked. Please try a different payment method.&am

already treated, I sent e-mails to support and they  do not answer, it's been 24 hours and nothing. Send them another mail hope they answer

Volunteer Advisor

@jonathan959

Sending emails was not what I advised you to do though.

I don't know english, i use translator

New Community Member

Solution to "This card cannot be linked."

I also got this message (see photo). So I called the PayPal customer support phone number and they were super helpful and added it with no problem!  Turns out I had used that credit card with a different PayPal account associated with a different e-mail.  I had closed that PayPal account years ago, but because the card number had been in their system at one time, it could not be linked to my current PayPal account.  The PayPal representative had to reset the card on their end.  The rep also told me you can only have 4 debit and/or credit cards on your PayPal account.  However, if you have a verified bank account in your PayPal Wallet, then you can have up to 8 debit or credit cards on your PayPal account.  This is as of March 2018.Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 11.20.27 AM.png

Tags (1)
New Community Member

Re: Have an error called "This card cannot be linked. Please try a different payment method.&qu

I'm getting this error & have no reason WHY!  It's so frustrating.  I called my credit card company & it's nothing on their end.  I tried to call PayPal customer service, but that's a joke - was on hold with their recording for 21 minutes & gave up.  Now I have NO cards linked to my account.  I've had the same PayPal account forever & have no other PayPal accounts.  Can ANYONE help me?!??

Tags (1)
Volunteer Advisor

@GeminiRising

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-am-getting-an-error-when-i-try-to-link-my-credit-or-deb...

New Community Member

me too , can help me ?