Hacked my account

Judyzhu
New Community Member

Someone hacked my Paypal account and changed my user name and password, I can’t log in to my account. They transferred money from my debit account to PayPal. I was trying to call PayPal customer service but no live person answer me. So how can I close my PayPal account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

dtbecker
Contributor
Contributor

This is going to be more difficult to resolve since PayPal's Customer Service phone number is not working due to the pandemic. I would suggest a few things:

1) Contact your bank and notify them of the fraudulent activity. You might have to close your checking account and reopen. The best option available should be discussed between you and your bank.

2) Go to the main page as if you were logging in to your account. Click "Have trouble logging in" and follow the prompts to reset your email/password. If you are able to regain control of your account, enable 2-factor authentication and security questions. Change your password and email address after you have logged in. 

3) File a police report if the value is substantial to you. 

4) If you use the same password/email for other sites, I would suggest changing them. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

dtbecker
Contributor
Contributor

This is going to be more difficult to resolve since PayPal's Customer Service phone number is not working due to the pandemic. I would suggest a few things:

1) Contact your bank and notify them of the fraudulent activity. You might have to close your checking account and reopen. The best option available should be discussed between you and your bank.

2) Go to the main page as if you were logging in to your account. Click "Have trouble logging in" and follow the prompts to reset your email/password. If you are able to regain control of your account, enable 2-factor authentication and security questions. Change your password and email address after you have logged in. 

3) File a police report if the value is substantial to you. 

4) If you use the same password/email for other sites, I would suggest changing them. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.