Hacked and Email/Password Changed

Olivia991
New Community Member
My friend just got their paypal hacked and £50 worth of transactions were charged to their bank before the hacker changed the email address, password and phone number in relation to the account so my friend isnt able to gain access to it anymore. How can they go about getting the money back and make sure their bank details have been removed from the account before anything else is charged to them
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Olivia991 

Inform bank or card issuer of the unauthorized transactions stating that PayPal account was compromised and lost access to the account to file claims with PayPal. The bank/card issuer should flag these transactions and block all PayPal transactions. Ask the bank/card issuer to reissue new accounts.

I am not sure if it is possible to discuss a PayPal account from another PayPal account. And you must be able to log in to the account to message PayPal so losing access to the account to report problems is a big roadblock but doesn't hurt to try.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.