HELP!!!!!!!!!

BUeddiej
New Community Member

I cannot use PayPal . I am registered, my password is fine but I was having trouble with it. So I called the help Centre. I was asked what name I am registered under on my account. My answer was the same name I have had and have been using for 62 years. The PayPal rep said- “ That is not the name we have you registered on and we cannot open account or connect you to a supervisor , what is your name on the account?”. This went on for at least 10 times. I told her my name is the SAME name PayPal used two we today to send me an email. How in the world can someone ask for your name so many times so I can help some help, this is RIDICULOUS! PayPal is not for me and I will use social media to tell everyone I know. Ridiculous- I have not been so upset in years!! Can someone help me???

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BUeddiej 

If your name don't match, then that's a problem. And you can't answer with "the same name I have had and have been using for 62 years". PayPal is super sensitive about security. Can't be joking around when they re trying to verify if it is you owning the account. Or, you were actually speaking to a A.I. bot and not a live human who don't understand the way humans talk when they're trying to be cute and clever. Perhaps you needed to say your name that is on the account.

This is user to user forum, not customer service. No one here can access your account, only customer service, for which you have called.

Try calling again:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PaypalCanada/

Twitter: @AskPayPalCA

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.