HELP!!!! I want to re-make my account!

Celestial_Cutie
Contributor
Contributor

So I have a problem. I signed up on paypal using my nickname, and not my full legal name (like a dummy). I was already having difficulty getting everything set up with my account, but when I tried to link my SSN using a passport, I neglected to let those who would check it know that my account is under a nickname, and not my full name. I didn't want to go through the whole fiasco of finding my passport and submitting my SSN again, so I made up my mind to close my account.

However, paypal seems to want to make me suffer. I am unable to do ANYTHING! I can't change my name on my paypal to my legal name, I can't close my account, and I certainly can't accept money from anyone unless it's on a gift card. All because my sign-up information was messed up due to me using my nickname.

How do I fix this??? I just want to close my account to sign up again with my REAL name, but I'm stuck in an endless loop of "let us know your real name to confirm your account" that leads into "confirm your account to let us know your real name". PLEASE HELP!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Celestial_Cutie

Do you open bank accounts and credit cards in fake names as well?

Why would you think it was acceptable to open a Paypal account with a fake name.

As 'that person' does not exist then you would never be able to verify that account as it belongs to the legal owner of the fake name which isn't you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Celestial_Cutie
Contributor
Contributor

I have always used my real name for bank accounts and credit cards. However, I am using paypal for art payments, and I would prefer that those who send money to me or receive money from me do not know my real name, which appears whenever someone views my account for transactions. I was not aware of this potential issue when I opened my account, and now I have no way of fixing it.

Thank you for the comment, but this didn't help me at all.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Celestial_Cutie

No advice will help, Paypal is a legal, financial payment processor and rely on security so they don't like their accounts being opened with fake names.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.