Google Voice Support

daveneo6
Contributor
Contributor

I can see from previous posts that Google Voice hasn't been supported with Paypal for 5+ years. It still isn't working. Can anyone comment on when Paypal will finally be able to text folks with google voice numbers?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@daveneo6 

Ask them?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

daveneo6
Contributor
Contributor
Google voice clearly works with other 2 factor authentication systems that I currently use, so it's not them...
Login to Me Too

ralphkw1
New Community Member

It's an intermittent issue for me. Some days it works, some days it does not.

Login to Me Too

tjp2
New Community Member

I am using a Google Voice #. PayPal allows me to add the number, and during initial setup of the # I do get the confirmation code sent to my Google Voice chat, as expected.

However, this doesn't work when purchasing: if I am asked to verify with a code during a purchase, the code never arrives.

So setup works, but auth challenge doesn't. Guess the challenge code needs to be updated.

Login to Me Too

daveneo6
Contributor
Contributor

I also have this issue. I have google voice in my account but there's a quick security check that won't accept my voice number and allow me to make a purchase. I've tryied buying this gift card on my PC and on my phone an neither one will process it. I guess paypal doesn't want my money, again. I'm not going to fight with a company that can't get their act together. This has been a problem for years! SUPPORT GOOGLE VOICE! 

Login to Me Too

jacob_123
Contributor
Contributor

some banks (PayPal included) don't support a VoIP number (an internet number)
they want to know who it is, so they ask for a phone what's registered in your name

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.