Gift Card Address and what it means and how to remove it from Paypal acct.

rommel123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, Does anyone know what this "gift card address" thing is on Paypal? 

I saw it today when Paypal was trying to verify my security on my account and they said that all these gift card address things were done of my account on different dates this year

I have one address on Paypal, my mailing address, so this is making me nervous...i never bought a gift card nor added any address related to it

Thank you very much if anyone can shed some light on this

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

ClarkyDownUnder
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently had two orders through PayPal come up with a Gift Card address that we did not enter. Supposedly this Gift Card address was added on 10th August, but I did not add this address. The address does not show up in our account settings, so I cannot remove it. I have been messaging PayPal support about this, but they don't seem to be able to understand the question. They have sent me about half a dozen answers, but none of them are related to what I am asking. This is so frustrating!

Login to Me Too

Gavtech
New Community Member
Same has happene to me. And made a transaction to a theme park, and denied my dispute.
Login to Me Too

Just_A_Name_123
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, according to PayPal two blank "gift card addresses" were added.

Login to Me Too

T-Brit
New Community Member

I've just had a payment of £23.82 taken from my paypal (according to my bank) but paypal apparently have no record of it in my activity tab. As I've gone to report it it's alerted me to the fact I've had a "gift card address" added on the 13th of February. I can't find ~ANY~ information about this online and most definitely didn't do it myself, what the hell is this and how do I remove this address?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.