Getting hold of Paypal

Viv2020
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys! Has anyone actually been able to get hold of PayPal since they closed their telephone line due to Coronavirus? I have sent them about 5 messages and even tried their Facebook page; but no one is replying to me. I need to do a name change on my account which requires their assistance and have sent all supporting documents more than once; but a month later and still just getting general replies saying someone will get back to me. Any other ideas to get hold of them?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Viv2020 

May be they are not accepting your documents?

Do they prove the name on your paypal account matches your documents OR have you provided a document that proves your name has been legally changed from the name on your paypal account to the one on the document?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Viv2020
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass I read exactly what they required in order to do the name change from my maiden surname to married surname- marriage certificate, copy of my ID and proof of residence or bank statement etc reflecting my new name. The problem is not the documents but rather a complete lack of communication / reply from Paypal. Starting to think people using the while Coronavirus pandemic as an excuse to provide poor / no service. So frustrating! And they don't even reply to Facebook messages. How are we supposed to get things done?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.