GDPR Miss use of Information

Kuldeepuk
Contributor
Contributor

I have been advised by several financial organisations that my credit has been withdrawn because of Information they have received from PayPal and other sources. I believe PayPal have made an entry in CIFAS claiming me to be involved in Fraud. As a result I have now also lost a Job opportunity.I am and how I can  going to take legal advice but I am wondering how I can stop PayPal from doing any more damage, how can i find out on what systems they have recorded this and how can I reverse it.

This all started last December, After using a screen nic name for PayPal for over 18 years PayPal asked for proof of Identity. Because there are just three letters missing from my full name and nick name the agent i talked to accused me of fraud and immediately blocked my account. I sent Pay Pal copies of my Passport, Bank statements and driving licence. Because the DVLA had made one spelling mistake on my driving licence putting a 'c'  instead of an 'l' in just one place PayPal rejected my appeal and placed me on the CIFs register.

In over 18 years of using PayPal there has never been any dispute with my account. My nick name is even registered as AKA name and is legal. PayPal have totally misused my Information and now it is causing me real issues.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.