Frustrated! I cannot close my account!

RyleeMonster
New Community Member

Hey Everyone!

My PayPal account was hacked about 3 weeks ago and had thousands of dollars in unauthorized charges. While PayPal was timely in reviewing my claims and reversing the charges I have decided to close my account. However, I have run into a few problems that will not allow me to close my account just yet. I get a message that I have pending transactions that need to be resolved before closing the account. The message then proceeds to tell me to contact PayPal either by e-mail or to call them at the customer service number. I know that since the start of COVID PayPal is not accepting incoming calls to customer service as that is what I have been told. I then attempted to send an email but when I hit the bolded link it takes me to the message center. Great! I sent a message and waited...and waited....and waited for a response. I finally gave up after a few hours of waiting and closed my laptop. Today I have just logged on and a very generic response had finally been sent. It was not helpful at all! I have again sent another message to PayPal in the far off chance that someone will respond. Can anyone explain to me what I need to do to take care of these pending transactions? I just want to close this damn account. The inability to communicate with PayPal has been so frustrating. No one answers in a timely fashion and I am getting angrier and angrier. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.