Fraudulent Account Creation and Customer Service Hangs Up On Me!

Sedit
Contributor
Contributor

I keep trying to contact a human being at the customer service hotline only to be hung up on every time! Some one has created an account with my name and email address, but has associated their phone number with it, and I can't get a hold of a human being at PayPal to try to resolve this! Do I need to file a fraud/ identity theft complaint, police report, as well as email the CEO, President or whomever at PayPal to be able to talk to somebody at this company?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Sedit
Contributor
Contributor
I don't use Facebook or Twitter and am hung up on by the customer service line as soon as I get through requesting to speak to a human so those options have failed me. None of the problems listed on the help page seem to describe my problem. Thank you for your help though! I appreciate you taking the time. I had hoped that PayPal customer service might respond here since they either left me on hold for over 2 hours or hung up immediately. I will try a polite email to Shawn Ferrell, John Rainey, and Dan Schulman to see if they are interested in how difficult it is to get a hold of their customer service people when PayPal accounts are created fraudulently.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sedit

Difficult to advise as you haven't even said what country you are in?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sedit
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry, I'm in the U.S. I was a little frustrated writing that and may have missed some of the required details.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sedit

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Sedit
Contributor
Contributor
I don't use Facebook or Twitter and am hung up on by the customer service line as soon as I get through requesting to speak to a human so those options have failed me. None of the problems listed on the help page seem to describe my problem. Thank you for your help though! I appreciate you taking the time. I had hoped that PayPal customer service might respond here since they either left me on hold for over 2 hours or hung up immediately. I will try a polite email to Shawn Ferrell, John Rainey, and Dan Schulman to see if they are interested in how difficult it is to get a hold of their customer service people when PayPal accounts are created fraudulently.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.