Forgotten Password and Security Questions

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Guys,

If you have forgotten the password for your PayPal Account you can click on the forgotten password link on the login page. You will be asked to confirm your security questions or additional security measures such as receiving a code to your mobile phone to validate the account.

If you cannot validate the account or you no longer have access to the mobile phone number registered on the account please contact our Customer Support team by phone. We are unable to assist with password resets via the Forum or on our Social Media pages.

Our Customer Service team can be reached by clicking on "Help and Contact"->"Call Us" at the bottom of any PayPal page. There is an option to "Call us as a Guest" which will show the phone number.

Thanks - Siobhan

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Nick_UK
New Community Member

Hi, i have forgot the email i've registered my paypal account to and i forgot the old phone number is well, i try to do the email reminding thing but it didnt work.

PayPal account is needed urgently...

What should i do?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there Nick_UK,

My advice would be to contact us by phone as we can research the details you can give us and get you back into the old account. You can contact Customer Services here.

Wayne

Login to Me Too

RedKitty13
New Community Member

How long do I need to wait for a login - lockout - to reset? I have a non-profit account and the login was tried too many times by another person on the board. Now we are locked out... Ugh.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Not sure how we would know that one, your best bet is to contact customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tbc0
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me yesterday. I was locked out even after updating my password. I waited a couple hours and was able to get to my account.

Login to Me Too

Marseel
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

I forgot my password. I tried to reset it, however the number (the sim card) that i used for my account was deactivated and i can not remember the security quations. But i do remember the email so i tried the option with the email and they send me a code and i used it, but they want me to confirm it another option (calling me or sending the code to my phone or security questions). I cant access my sim card because it is forever deactivated and cant remember the security questions. 

Pls help me because I have money on my account.

Login to Me Too

HolidayBaliVila
New Community Member
Hello, please help us to reset our paypal account we forget password and we not longer used phone number as we put on it previously Please guiding us how to recovery our account thank you in advance
Login to Me Too

eric212
Contributor
Contributor

So a family member accidentally sent money to an old PayPal account that has a no longer active phone number

I forgot the password, and I choose the email me the code option, but it keeps forcing me to receive a call, which I obviously cannot do

How do i get past this step? 

Thanks. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.