Foreign phone numbers

DKStuntz
Contributor
Contributor

Although I'm based in the USA, I currently live in Thailand.  I have a friend who can have multiple phone numbers on file, and they can be from different countries.  However, when I try to add my Thai phone number, I just get an error message, saying that the format is invalid.  I have to reset my password every time I log in from a different place, because my American phone number is not active when I'm outside the USA for any extended period of time, and since a phone number is the ONLY option I am given when I need to prove my identity.  Anyway, my question is: Is there any way I can add my Thai phone number to my account, and to have my security code to that number, when I need to prove my identity?  I'd greatly appreciate a reply.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

botowoti
New Community Member

I have the exact same issue. US-based but living abroad without access to a US-based number. I need a verification option with a foreign phone number. Following this thread.

Login to Me Too

Dice6
New Community Member
Has anyone been contacted on how to add their foreign number? I also have the same issue.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.