Forced Password Change

Nick_W2
New Community Member

What’s with this forced password change stuff?

Tried to buy something today, and I get a "suspicious activity message", PayPal "suggests" that I change my password. But! I have no option. There is no "suspicious activity", but I have to change my password. OMG what a pain.

So, go to change password, then it wants to verify it’s me with a phone call. Like we are living in the 1980s or something. Unreal. So go ahead, call me, text messages obviously don’t exist. It then says it called me (which it didn’t), and can’t verify who I am.

So I give up on the purchase (thanks PayPal), and log into the PayPal web page. Same rubbish about "suspicious activity", must change password. Now I have to check a box that says I’m not a robot, and then I have to select pictures of storefronts!

Absolutely the most bizarre of things. PayPal, there is no "suspicious activity" I don’t want to change my password, answer calls, pick pictures. I want to buy my item, and PayPal is quick and easy. If you are not quick and easy, you have no point in existing, I might as well use my credit card.

Does no-one else think this behaviour is asinine?

And no, for the umpteenth time, I am not a Robot!

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

kris5161
yes same here change password did that. now EVERYTIME we sign in can be 10 15 times a day as its a business. we need username and password I'm not a robot ( sometimes twice ) then a capture code and then a sms message to phone. dont use a vpn either. rang them basically say thats how it is now due to eu law. yet i can log into my bank account and send thousands wit a simple log in number and passcode. go figure. looks like i will be usingvebays new payment scheme from now on
Login to Me Too

BomBardyGamer
New Community Member

This is actually frustrating me now, especially because I'm not just logged in on one account, I'm logged in on multiple accounts on multiple devices, and every time I change my password, I have to re-login on all of those devices.

Please fix your "unusual activity detection" **bleep** PayPal. It's getting ridiculous now.

Login to Me Too

chagdes
Contributor
Contributor

This has been happening to me for the whole year now. It's getting really old.

Login to Me Too

teleplinte

After many years of no problems whatsoever, I am now dealing with this at least ONCE A WEEK. I actually have to keep a log of the new passwords I create so that I don't reuse or forget them. WTF.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.