Feature request: Yubikey for FIDO access instead of SMS

Koniak
New Community Member

Hi,

I'm really missing a secure way to login to Paypal. Using two factor login with SMS is not safe, since some phone companies offer forwarding and have lacking security when checking who is requesting the forwarding. Ie with social hacking the phone company can be made to forward your phone number to someone else's to get your SMS keys.

This means the only safe way to connect to Paypal is using a physical hardware key like Yubikey and others. They are supported by many companies like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, etc and the list is getting longer.

I understand that adding a hardware security key will be hard for some Paypal use cases, but this is not an acceptable reason to lower the security for all Paypal customers, no matter how they use Paypal.

@Paypal, It would be great to know the if you are working on support for hardware keys and if so what the timeframe is? I like the Paypal services, but there are other alternatives out there supporting secure login with hardware key (like Amazon pay) and I think its important for Paypal to also do so to stay competetive.

Anyone else that want to request this feature from Paypal?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.