Ex wife still gets my PayPal notificationsstill after password change

scorey03
Contributor
Contributor

My wife used to use my paypal account when we were together and had the paypal mobile app. Well, we are now divorced and she still gets paypal notifications on her phone. I've changed the password, enabled 2 factor authentication, removed all traces of her from my account including her number, removed her email removed her card and she can still get notifications.

She does not have my permission/approval to receive my notifications!! What I think is happening is that she is still logged in and you people at paypal dont let's us have the option to log out of other devices!!!

So tell me....how are you guys going to resolve this? Please I need this done right now.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@scorey03 

Well firstly we are NOT 'you guys from Paypal' as this is a 'user to user' community advice forum.

However firstly check this..........

Go to settings (cog next to log out) and in the blue band at the top click on 'notifications'.

Now under there is it your email address or your ex-wife?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

scorey03
Contributor
Contributor

. I've changed the password, enabled 2 factor authentication, removed all traces of her from my account including her number, removed her email removed her card

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@scorey03 

So you have already said, but that is not what i asked.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

scorey03
Contributor
Contributor

Wow really, I didnt realize that I had to be extremely specific with you. seems like you are "playing dumb". Whatever..... To answer your question...no, her email is not listed there or anywhere for that matter because I've already stated in my very 1st message that I removed all traces of her. How much more specific do I need to get. I will say it one more time just in case u missed it again.."I removed all traces of her"

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@scorey03 

ok, all you had to do was check the notification section which a lot of folks miss when changing email addresses instead of all the sarcasm when someone gives up their time to try and help you.

So now you have done that I was going to go through a few more suggestions but I guess I won't bother.

I will move on to nicer folks to help.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @scorey03,

I'm sorry to hear that your ex-wife is still getting the push notifications to her app. There are a couple of possible resolutions. If she logs into a different PayPal account through her app, she should no longer receive the notifications to her app. She can also uninstall the app entirely.

If she is unwilling or unable to make one of these adjustments or that does not solve the problem, please contact customer service to request that a teammate take a look at the devices listed in association with the account. It may be possible to remove the connection from the PayPal side of things.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

NOLADrunkTour
Contributor
Contributor
Did you have any luck getting this resolved? I have asked PayPal for help… I’m still waiting and was hoping that someone could help with this situation.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.