Email address and phone number both changed. Can't pass the identity verification to log in.

clin2046
New Community Member

Hi,

A friend who has her email address and phone number both changed. She's also left the US but now needs to access her Paypal account. She's no longer able to receive emails from the address that she registered with, no does she keep the phone number that was associated with her Paypal account. Due to COVID-19, Paypal doesn't provide real-time customer service. Please kindly advise. Thanks. Your timely assistance is much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

clin2046
New Community Member
Got help from an agent. Case closed.
-----
Hello Chia. I understand that you want to help out your friend to log in to their PayPal account and I appreciate you very much for doing so.

For us to validate and have access to the account, we will need to the account holder regarding this concern so please ask them to contact us as a guest.

Here's how to contact us as a guest:
Click "Log In"" at the upper right of the page
Click "Contact Us"" at the bottom of the page
Click "Password and account access""
Click "Login problems"" Scroll down and click ""Message Us""
Click "Chat with us about your password issue.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

clin2046
New Community Member
Got help from an agent. Case closed.
-----
Hello Chia. I understand that you want to help out your friend to log in to their PayPal account and I appreciate you very much for doing so.

For us to validate and have access to the account, we will need to the account holder regarding this concern so please ask them to contact us as a guest.

Here's how to contact us as a guest:
Click "Log In"" at the upper right of the page
Click "Contact Us"" at the bottom of the page
Click "Password and account access""
Click "Login problems"" Scroll down and click ""Message Us""
Click "Chat with us about your password issue.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.