Edit business data - "something went wrong"

EdwardRuxpin
Contributor
Contributor

I got a message in my Paypal business account saying that I have to update details or won't be able to send or receive money from 2021.

So I go in, and struggle through a multi-step process. 

1 Business info
2 Account holder info
3 Executive info
4 Authorised representative info
Shareholder info

Unfortunately, when I try to edit either 4 or 5, I get a "something went wrong, try again later" message. I got it yesterday three times, and today twice. So trying again later does not seem to help.

So I sent a message to Paypal chat, and today have a message. Great, they've sorted it! And then I check the message, and it's an intelligence-insulting one that tells me to click settings and then go to business data and edit from there. Which is exactly what I told her I have done. No mention of the error message, or how to fix it. I think she probably read one or two words at most before banging off this boiler plate response.

None of which inspires much confidence in Paypal... anyone got any ideas?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Zavoj
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar problem, same message that I wont be able to receive payments or send payments, but I m unable to go through even the first step of business info. I have an red exclamation mark when I try to add keywords to describe the items we are selling and Im unable to proceed to the next steps. I wrote an email to support. Can you navigate mw to chat support? Maybe if we bombard them with this issue they will reply something more helpfull.

Login to Me Too

Zavoj
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: So I changed the language for my paypal account from my native language to english and was able to finish this information update

Login to Me Too

EdwardRuxpin
Contributor
Contributor
I am already in English so don't think this helps me unfortunately. Might try another language and see if I get lucky
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.