Ebay checkout gives paypal message, "problem with seller's account"

kaargocult
Contributor
Contributor

One of friends tried buying something from my etsy shop, which is connected to my paypal account. Upon checkout, and confirm pay, there was a message from paypal, that there is a problem with the seller's account, and the transaction cannot happen. The message was generic and didn't say anything about what problem. It said, to contact the seller. 

I searched my emails, if there is an email from Paypal regarding any issue. Also tried logging into paypal and searching for any notification or message, but could not find any. Did the same with Etsy. Has anyone else faced something similar? How do I solve this?

I was wondering why there were no sales for the last month.  Please help.

Regards,

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

go to Etsy seller forum and ask.

you are better off using ETSY CHECKOUT,thats what they want you to use.

Login to Me Too

kaargocult
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks you for the reply. I am sorry I mentioned ebay in subject and etsy in the message. I have shops on both, and both are connected to the same paypal account. I have since then tried testing buying from both sites and both sites end in errors. Both say their is a problem with seller's account and to contact the seller. Doesn't say what problem. With Ebay the only difference is that it does not redirect to the paypal site, within pay.ebay.com, it says there is a problem with the seller's account. 

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-06 at 00.29.04.jpeg

Login to Me Too

kaargocult
Contributor
Contributor

I found out that my domestic KYC for my paypal account was pending. I did find an email in my inbox from paypal to complete my KYC. Since I had already started receiving money from sales that happened internationally, I did not realize that anything was pending from my end. 

I would have expected some notification, or message whenever I logged into Paypal, saying there is some action that I needed to take. In the last one year I might have missed out on many domestic sales.

I am putting this here online, so that someone else having similar issue might get quick resolution.

Login to Me Too

Saarmas
Contributor
Contributor
That is totally untrue. My so called buyer was refunded for a 5200 purchase , that paypal has so courteously added to my balance sheet leaving me -5200 (let's not forget the fees that they fairly double billed me for) and the item that he claimed he never received clearly shows delivered. In no way can I make any claims, file anything with the resolution center or do anything other than to sit and watch my business destroyed. No place to report the buyer. All you support lackeys talk all this seller protection and that paypal and ebay will do this and that and you are all liars . You wont do a damm thing to help anyone if anything you helped this pos and I dont mean point of sale. Complaining is the only therapy I get , because paypal does nothing except leave me hanging.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.