Due to new way of logging (with phone number) Im now locked out of my account.

Zkiko12
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I cant log in, because of the new way of logging in with the phone number. Why? Because paypal still has an old phone number registered that doesnt wortk anymore. Im from Holland, and here we dont even have a customer service you can call anymore! Which is ricidulous.

When I chat on the customer service on the site, they keep spinning around with automatic answers ifffff they even react. In the end after a loooot of attempts to get some solution (for a simple problem)..they told me I will be called. I missed the call that was from Dublin , i called back, the person said they cant help someone that lives in Holland, and she gave a phone number that I should call. I asked her twice, are you sure this number works, i told her in Holland we dont have telephone service anymore for Paypal. She kept saying it works. Well as you can guess. I called and IT DIDNT WORK! This is ridiculpus what is happening, so many complaints on the internet about this...it seems like Paypal is profiting of this.

I simply want to log in to my account. HOW?

This has caused sooooooo much unnecessary stress... its ridiculous in these covid times even for a company that has billions to act like this. 

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zkiko12 

Why would you not keep your contact information up to date on your paypal account anyway???

Apart from the fact that there has been a message on all paypal accounts for months telling us to check and update our phones ready for this. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zkiko12
Contributor
Contributor

This idiotic comment doesnt help me.

It only helps you be arrogant and suck up.

There could be soooo many reasons why someone hasnt kept their phone number up to date.

First off, my phone number I keep as secret as I would want.

Second when they asked for the security updates and the phone number, I was i the hospital for months.

Maybe next time think, and not try to aggrevate someone else even more, and only respons IN SOLUTIONS...not in your externalisation to relieve yourself somewhat of your bleak boring life. I mean thats why you lurk on this forum right? Since I dont see any help...its sad man.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zkiko12 

Takes 5 minutes to update contact information.

As for keeping your phone number secret, what the point of that when firms need it to contact you if there is an issue.

My comment was not idiotic, just common sense that you didn't want to hear. 😁

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dancingclaire
New Community Member

me too - I havn't used PayPal for years and the telephone number is an old one.  I can not now log in and they are charging me for using my account.  Help!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.