Downgrading account

fmjc
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I've sent an email to PayPal customer support to downgrade my account from Business to Premier/Personal because I created the Business one by mistake. It's been almost a week now but I get no response. Will calling them directly solve my problem? I actually just wanted to do things here in my end without calling them.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fmjc

You could try closing your business account and starting over or failing that only customer services can help you so yes phoning may be your best bet.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dragondelboy
Contributor
Contributor

Been trying to downgrade account now for over 4 months.  Even after ringing support direct I just end up back to the same resolution query.  Still have limitations and cannot buy, send make transfers.  Very frustrating.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dragondelboy 

You wouldn't be able to downgrade a limited account, you would need to resolve any issues first in the resolution or message centre.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dragondelboy
Contributor
Contributor

There in lies the problem,  it is a circular event.  They try to resolve it then I end up right back to the bit where they ask to confirm business details.  This is despite countless phone calls, messages, feedback etc. informing them that we are not a business but a local wargaming club. 🙄

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.