downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LyndseyD92 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

gringos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have sent emails to the customer support team a countless times in the past few weeks regarding the downgrading of my PayPal account, but I have never gotten response. Apparently, I registered my PayPal account as a business account some times last year. However, it was until recently that I realized the mistake. I work as a freelancer and I only use the account to receive mass payments from my freelancing endeavours. 

A few week ago, I received a notification email that was instructing me to provide the necessary documentation that would enable me to verify my account, which is registered as a business account. I have not registered any company or email which makes it tricky for me to secure the documentation required. I learnt that my account could be downgraded to a personal account which is ideal for me and which I can easily provide the documents required for the verification process. How  can you help me downgrade the account. 

Don't advice me to call, because I'm not in the US and the calling charges are so exorbitant. I'm just wondering why PayPal has not been responding. Is there any help that I can get. I'm kinda stranded and not able to receive any payments anymore. I also would like to verify my account, but the documents that I can obtain are related to personal verification. @PayPal_Olivia 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gringos 

To request your account is downgraded please follow the steps below:

1. Go to www.paypal.com(your country) and log in to your account.
2. Click Contact near the bottom of any page.
3. Select Email us.
4. Choose ‘Managing My Account’ in the Topic box, then select ‘Change account type’ in the Subtopic box and lastly select 'Downgrade my account' from the drop-down box.
5. In the Message field please write that you would like to downgrade your account and the reason why. Then, click Submit.
6. Paypal will review your request and email you back within 24-72 hours..........well that is what they say !!

If you downgrade your account to a Personal account, please be advised of the following:

• You are able to downgrade from a Business/Premier account to a Personal account only once. If you upgrade your account to a Business/Premier account in the future, you won't be able to downgrade to a Personal account again for the lifetime of the account
• All payments received into a Personal account from eBay, auctions, Personal payments and Website Payment buttons (e.g. Buy Now Buttons, PayPal Shopping Cart, or Subscriptions payments), will be limited to the Personal account's Receiving Limit of €2,500 (or currency equivalent)

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AtDabeach
Contributor
Contributor

thats not even an option

Login to Me Too

ih181
New Community Member

It looks like the person who answered this googled it the same way I did and came up with an antiquated way to request a downgrade. At one time this was an option, but no longer.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ih181 

Your right that option is not available in every country but either way the gist is the same in that there is no automatic way to downgrade an account.

You have to contact customer services and they will do it for you.

How you contact is country dependent and i can't give advice if you don't say what country you are in or add it to your community profile.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Chiranjeevi
Contributor
Contributor

There is not showing Email Us options

Login to Me Too

Edgar489
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I have a big problem to my account Please help me I want to downgrade my account to business to personal account please help
This is my problem I need to pass my money easy and quick 
My issue: We noticed that you've been using your PayPal account in a questionable manner. To understand this better, we need more information from you. You'll need to provide the requested information to regain full access.

I need to downgrade now please huhuhuhuhuhuhuhu 

Login to Me Too

Loons01
New Community Member

There's no email us option and I tried to follow the resolution. 

Please provide the email support of paypal as I never did register a business account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Loons01 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.