Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade PayPal from Business to Personal

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Downgrade PayPal from Business to Personal

Hi

I have sent emails to the customer support team a countless times in the past few weeks regarding the downgrading of my PayPal account, but I have never gotten response. Apparently, I registered my PayPal account as a business account some times last year. However, it was until recently that I realized the mistake. I work as a freelancer and I only use the account to receive mass payments from my freelancing endeavours. 

A few week ago, I received a notification email that was instructing me to provide the necessary documentation that would enable me to verify my account, which is registered as a business account. I have not registered any company or email which makes it tricky for me to secure the documentation required. I learnt that my account could be downgraded to a personal account which is ideal for me and which I can easily provide the documents required for the verification process. How  can you help me downgrade the account. 

Don't advice me to call, because I'm not in the US and the calling charges are so exorbitant. I'm just wondering why PayPal has not been responding. Is there any help that I can get. I'm kinda stranded and not able to receive any payments anymore. I also would like to verify my account, but the documents that I can obtain are related to personal verification. @PayPal_Olivia 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Downgrade PayPal from Business to Personal

@gringos 

To request your account is downgraded please follow the steps below:

1. Go to www.paypal.com(your country) and log in to your account.
2. Click Contact near the bottom of any page.
3. Select Email us.
4. Choose ‘Managing My Account’ in the Topic box, then select ‘Change account type’ in the Subtopic box and lastly select 'Downgrade my account' from the drop-down box.
5. In the Message field please write that you would like to downgrade your account and the reason why. Then, click Submit.
6. Paypal will review your request and email you back within 24-72 hours..........well that is what they say !!

If you downgrade your account to a Personal account, please be advised of the following:

• You are able to downgrade from a Business/Premier account to a Personal account only once. If you upgrade your account to a Business/Premier account in the future, you won't be able to downgrade to a Personal account again for the lifetime of the account
• All payments received into a Personal account from eBay, auctions, Personal payments and Website Payment buttons (e.g. Buy Now Buttons, PayPal Shopping Cart, or Subscriptions payments), will be limited to the Personal account's Receiving Limit of €2,500 (or currency equivalent)

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
2 REPLIES 2
Esteemed Advisor

@gringos 

To request your account is downgraded please follow the steps below:

1. Go to www.paypal.com(your country) and log in to your account.
2. Click Contact near the bottom of any page.
3. Select Email us.
4. Choose ‘Managing My Account’ in the Topic box, then select ‘Change account type’ in the Subtopic box and lastly select 'Downgrade my account' from the drop-down box.
5. In the Message field please write that you would like to downgrade your account and the reason why. Then, click Submit.
6. Paypal will review your request and email you back within 24-72 hours..........well that is what they say !!

If you downgrade your account to a Personal account, please be advised of the following:

• You are able to downgrade from a Business/Premier account to a Personal account only once. If you upgrade your account to a Business/Premier account in the future, you won't be able to downgrade to a Personal account again for the lifetime of the account
• All payments received into a Personal account from eBay, auctions, Personal payments and Website Payment buttons (e.g. Buy Now Buttons, PayPal Shopping Cart, or Subscriptions payments), will be limited to the Personal account's Receiving Limit of €2,500 (or currency equivalent)

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

thats not even an option